Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

like you're so perfect, and I can't measure up

if you look, everybody here is trying on their faces.

Don't you just hate that feeling when you want something so badly?
Well right now, as I guiltily listen to Colbie Caillat and Corianne Bailey Rae I want my dreams to walk right into my life.
I want to walk on the stage, singing at the top of my lungs.
I want the crowd to sing along to my words.
I want my dream to come true.


I don't go looking for trouble. It finds me.

- harry potter.

those moments that are embarrassing but extremely flattering are the weirdest but best feeling.
[{so dim that spotlight, tell me things like, I can't take my eyes off you.}]
because I long for your words and your wanting.



humans are such odd creatures.
We live to impress ourselves,
to impress him/ her.
to impress them.
Yet, really, what's the fucking point?
Life is too short to waste,
but what the shiz are we wasting?

xx scarzz



6 whispers of love:

Athena. said...

This gives me so much to think about, you know? I suppose we all live to impress, but I'd much rather live to make people happy. Or is that much of the same thing?

lovelovelove,
xxxx

Erimentha said...

sabine,
thank you so much for your comment on my blog. it's really lovely to know you care so much and it means the world to me.

here are two quotes from your blog that i absolutely adore:
"You'd find me sitting by a lemon tree, on top of a hill, surrounded by photos of friends, staring up at the stars." :)

and "Yet, really, what's the fucking point?
Life is too short to waste,
but what the shiz are we wasting?"
you inspire...

:) you're the greatest, thanks so much.
xoxo
your recordica babe forever <3

Erimentha said...

p.s. i think you deserve a million comments everyday so here's just one more to make you smile :)

xx

我 moi said...

This reminds me of a prose I wrote;

Perfection they say is not to be messed with, for perfection cannot lead to happiness.

Life is not perfect they say, for we cannot acquire everything we want in life.

I say live to perfection till your hearts content, because only you can determine what perfection is.

Make your life perfect for you everyday, otherwise what are we living for.

我 moi said...

. . . and yes I totally agree , why live to impress , but then what are we doing everyday when we get out of bed to brush our teeth and wash our faces , surely that is to impress somebody , even ourselves , but if we didn't care about impressing people , we just wouldn't do all the things we do I guess . We cannot exsist in this world alone , we have to impress people to bond with them and mingle with them . Life can be tedious I guess .

Kat said...

hey, thanks for the lovely comment :D
yes i do live in england and its dreadful! lol cold and rainy all the time and chavs everywhere lol :P
no, i'm not rich at all! lol i usually buy stuff in the sales and sometimes in charity shops. most of my stuff is from primark, h&m, new look and topshop(or hand me downs from my family!). whenever i do spend alot its from birthday or christmas money but i prefer to get bargains :) hehe

http://fashionpeach17.blogspot.com

what the fuck?

dear lovelies,
I take no credit for any of the gorgeous pictures on my blog (unless stated).
I get them all from here.